Welcome to the HappyDowns family! We’re so happy that you’re interested in being a part of our caregiver community by sharing your story with us.
Caregiver Confessions are the tough times we face as caregivers…the struggles, the hard decisions we have to make, our lowest points and the difficult times we endure.
We at HappyDowns felt it was so important to carve out a space where caregivers can freely share these moments and thoughts without fear of any type of backlash and to show other caregivers that they are not alone in the difficulties that they face. You will be surprised how many caregivers feel the way you do or have experienced similar situations to yours.
Caregiver Confessions was created to build a supportive community for caregivers, where we can be honest with each other, and the world, about what life is really like being a caregiver and where we can spark conversation with other caregivers about the struggles we face.
Remember, you are not alone.
HappyDowns is aimed towards caregivers of teenagers and adults who have Down Syndrome. Therefore, all caregiver confessions must concern experiences of such caregivers, with the aim of encouraging honesty as it relates to being a caregiver, in hopes of providing a safe space online for all of us to be REAL without the fear of judgement.
Too often we see only the happy moments being displayed online of what life is like being a caregiver. Whilst we are in no way promoting negativity nor hatred, we at HappyDowns feel that it is of utmost importance that the public understands the whole truth behind being a caregiver and thus understand the struggles of caregiving. We also believe that caregivers should feel safe to speak their truth and whilst we may not always agree with each other, we must always respect each other.
Guidelines for Submission (Caregiver Confession):
- Must be relevant to the site’s intended audience.
- Must be detailed: at least 500 words with no fluff. Be as descriptive as possible of your feelings and your experience.
- Must be 100% original – never published and will never be published elsewhere. Do not spin content you have already published (post must be unique).
- Must be in English.
- Must be free from any spelling and grammatical errors.
- Must follow the tone of this site: be casual and honest.
- Must follow the general formatting of posts on this site: within your content, have headlines that are relevant and captivating. The headlines will foreshadow what you are about to discuss and help the reader to not become bored or intimidated by all the words in your post.
- Must NOT contain any stock photos/images. All photos/images MUST be free to be used.
- Must NOT include profanity or offensive/derogatory terms.
- Must NOT be overly critical of individuals or companies – do not use this site to air your grievances.
- Must NOT include links to spammy sites. All links must be kept at a minimal and be absolutely necessary (must be of help to the reader).
- Must NOT be overly self-promotional.
How to Submit your Caregiver Confession:
- Email your submission to email@example.com.
- Submit your post as a MS Word file (preferably) or a HTML file. Do not submit in Google Docs format.
- Include your first name and the country you reside in (we want caregivers to see that they can have similar experiences no matter where they live).
If your post meets our standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your submission will be published. This process may take up to two weeks.
Please note that we currently do not offer compensation for Caregiver Confessions submissions.
As A Content Contributor, You Agree:
- that the rights to your submission (Caregiver Confession) belongs to HappyDowns. So we have the right to do whatever we want with it. N.B. We will give you credit for writing the post.
- to reply to each comment on your caregiver confession post. This will help build community with & provide support to other caregivers.
- Submissions must meet the quality standards of HappyDowns in order to get published.
- HappyDowns reserves the right to edit, adapt, update and republish contributions at its discretion.
- HappyDowns reserves the right to include calls-to-action to HappyDowns content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
- HappyDowns reserves the right to reject contributions at its discretion.
- At the discretion of HappyDowns, contributed posts (caregiver confessions) may be removed from the blog.
You can check out some of the Caregiver Confessions that have already been published.
We are truly humbled to have you share your story with us.
Take that step and submit your caregiver confession…you will be helping hundreds of other caregivers like yourself.