HappyDowns is aimed towards caregivers of teenagers and adults who have Down Syndrome. Therefore, all guest posts must offer information, help or guidance to these caregivers, with the aim of getting them to a place where they can improve their lives and the lives of their loved ones with Down Syndrome.
Please bear the following guidelines in mind when submitting a guest post:
Your Submission (Guest Post):
- Must be relevant to the site’s intended audience.
- Must be detailed: at least 1000 words with no fluff.
- Must include all images as separate attachments.
- Must be 100% original – never published and will never be published elsewhere. Do not spin content you have already published (post must be unique).
- Must be evergreen: e.g. do not include a year in your title, “In 2019”, and limit your post’s relevancy.
- Must be in English.
- Must be free from any spelling and grammatical errors.
- Must follow the tone of this site: be casual, honest and humorous.
- Must follow the general formatting of posts on this site: within your content, have headlines that are relevant and captivating. The headlines will foreshadow what you are about to discuss and help the reader to not become bored or intimidated by all the words in your post.
- Must NOT contain any stock photos/images. All photos/images MUST be free to be used.
- Must NOT include profanity or offensive/derogatory terms.
- Must NOT be overly critical of individuals or companies – do not use this site to air your grievances.
- Must NOT include links to spammy sites. All links must be kept at a minimal and be absolutely necessary (must be of help to the reader).
- Must NOT be overly self-promotional.
How to Submit your Guest Post:
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your post as a MS Word file (preferably) or a HTML file. Do NOT submit in Google Docs format.
- Include a one to two sentence author bio with a headshot photo.
- Your bio can include up to three links: these can include your website, blog and a maximum of two social media profiles.
If your post meets our standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your submission will be published. This process may take up to two weeks.
As A Guest Blogger, You Agree:
- that the rights to your submission (guest post) belongs to HappyDowns. So we have the right to do whatever we want with it. N.B. You can link to your guest post from your very own site. We will give you credit for writing the post.
- to reply to each comment on your guest post. This will help build the community of followers not just for HappyDowns, but for you the guest blogger as well.
- Submissions must meet the quality standards of HappyDowns in order to get published.
- HappyDowns reserves the right to edit, adapt, update and republish contributions at its discretion.
- HappyDowns reserves the right to include calls-to-action to HappyDowns content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
- HappyDowns reserves the right to reject contributions at its discretion.
- At the discretion of HappyDowns, contributed posts (guest posts) may be removed from the blog.