Product: O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop, Bucket Floor Cleaning System
Price: $29.97 (retail)
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 11.7 x 11.5 inches
Shipping Weight: 5.4 pounds
Warranty: 1 Year (from purchase date)
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
A Step Towards Independent Living
Persons with Down Syndrome want to be independent. They want to live by their own rules. My sister does not want to live with our parents, so I thought she would love to live with me…WRONG! She wants to live on her own in an apartment…*inserts wide eyed emoji*. Yes, I freaked out a little when I learned this, but then I decided to research how I could help her on this journey to independent living.
A part of independent living is being able to care for your home by keeping it clean. So after some research, I found the O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop, Bucket Floor Cleaning System, which in my opinion, is a step towards independent living.
The Mop Handle is Adjustable
My sister is used to cleaning her own room, but a challenge has always been the height of the brooms and mops that we use. With the O-Cedar mop, we can adjust the height of the handle of the mop (telescoping handle adjustable length from approximately 22 inches to 48 inches). This is fantastic, as it helps her to better handle the mop and when it’s my time to use the mop, I just adjust it to my height.
You Never Have To Touch the Mop Head
Well, except for when you are removing it to place it in the washing machine to have it cleaned. My sister has a challenge when it comes to bending, especially if she has to bend continuously, so when I learnt that the O-Cedar bucket is built to spin dry the mop, I knew this one was a winner. The bucket has a foot pedal that you use the spin the mop dry…it’s great and my sister loves it.
Other Points To Note About This Product
- When using the foot pedal to spin dry the mop, remember to loosely hold the handle.
- The spin dry mechanism allows you to control how wet the microfiber mop is…the wetter the mop, the more able it is to remove stubborn dirt from the floors.
- The mop can also be used dry to dust floors and other surfaces.
- Microfiber is safe and effective on any hard floor surface. It’s great for cleaning hardwood floors and tiles. Microfiber is super absorbent, it’s fantastic at picking up dirt and it rinses clean.
- Mop head is machine washable. It is recommended that you replace the mop head every 3 months, but this will depend on how often you use this mop to clean. Check out the mop head refills here.
- To adjust the mop handle height, you twist the handle. Remember to lock the handle in place at your desired height.
- The maximum height for water in the bucket is marked. Ensure that you keep the water level below this height.
The O-Cedar Mop & Bucket System is Great – It Gives Me Hope
My sister has really taken to this mop and bucket cleaning system and it does my heart good to see her living more independently. I know it might be seen as a small thing…mopping and cleaning…but this small thing gives me hope that she will be okay and be able to take care of herself…even when I am not around.
Let us know if you decided to try the O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop, Bucket Floor Cleaning System and how your loved one with DS, and even you, have responded to it. Happy cleaning!